Beauty Tips You Can’t Leave Home Without
‘Tis the season for holiday fun, and chances are, that includes some travel in your future. Unfortunately, travel can wreak havoc on your beauty routine.
Long travel days slogging through airports are no friend to your hair. Packing and wrapping gifts leaves your nails looking like they’ve had better days. And dry airplane air? You can practically FEEL the moisture leaving your skin. Not to mention the endless damaging hair styling for parties. We kinda feel limp and lifeless just writing this.
But that doesn’t have to be you. Not this year. Oh no. Because this year, you have Ella Bliss. And we have some awesome tips for helping you look and feel your best on the road from head to toe, all season long.
Great Hair All Day
From 5am flights to endless holiday events and parties, your hair is really put through the ringer during this busy season. Here are a few tips for keeping your hair healthy-looking and beautiful no matter what the holidays throw your way.
- Dry shampoo is your friend – If you don’t already have a dry shampoo obsession, now’s a good time to start—and stock up! Dry shampoo can give your hair immediate life and lift, helping you go from weary traveler to bright-eyed and bushy tailed in just minutes. And, you can definitely carry a travel size with you on the plane. Personally, we’re big fans of Kevin.Murphy Fresh.Hair, which you can pick up at any Ella Bliss location.
- Blowouts, baybee! – Blowouts can be an absolute lifesaver for a variety of situations. Traveling all day tomorrow? Get a blowout at Ella Bliss here in Denver before you go, and you’ll look great for days. Want a different look for every holiday party? Try out different blowout styles for each one. So busy you just don’t have time to do your hair? That’s right—blowouts!
Protect (and Restore) Your Skin
Both the winter season and lots of traveling can really take a toll on your skin. Not to worry—Ella Bliss facials will save the day! In addition to dry airplane air and chafing winter winds, changes in climates as you travel can also make your skin freak out. Say, for example, you go from the dry, cold Colorado air to sunny, humid Miami beach for a beachy getaway. Your skin won’t know what to think! We recommend:
- Have a facial BEFORE traveling – Regular facials are a good idea anyways. But a facial before traveling can better prepare your skin for the differences it will experience.
- Bring the right product along – Before you go, talk to your Ella Bliss esthetician about your travel environment and ask them to recommend the best IMAGE skincare products for your skin.
- Have a facial AFTER traveling – Restore and rejuvenate your skin with a custom facial when you get back, ensuring your skin recovers nicely from the trip.
Nail that Manicure (and Pedicure)
From hauling suitcases to engaging in fun activities on your trip, the last thing you want to worry about is your manicure. So, here are a few ways to ensure your nails never let you down:
- Go for a gel manicure – It’s more durable and longer-lasting than typical nail polish
- Sparkle bright – If you’re worried about chips, go with a glittery polish which will make chips nearly unnoticeable and is also super easy to touch up.
- Keep your cuticles moisturized – That darn dry winter air can affect your cuticles, leaving them looking dry and ragged—something even the best manicure can’t cover. Keep a little cuticle cream or oil in your toiletry kit and apply as needed.
As fun as the holiday season is, it’s also super stressful! From parties to travels to the pressure to pick the perfect gifts, we don’t blame your for needing to unwind whenever you can grab a minute—or 50. Of course, we know exactly what you should do with those minutes: head to Ella Bliss STAT for a relaxing, soothing quiet massage.
The holiday season is our busiest time of the year, so don’t wait to grab your preferred appointment days and times! Book today for everything you need to get through the holiday season looking your best.